Acquire the knowledge and skills required to perform dental implant treatments on natural teeth, including short, medium and long-term follow up.
September 2019 - June 2020
Practice on patients: 50%
Pre-clinical practice: 30%
Compatible with professional activity
A programme designed to combine both theoretical and practical content in which each student:
- Will acquire the knowledge and skills required to perform dental implant treatments or on natural teeth.
- Will acquire sufficient safety measures to carry out both simple and the most advanced cases.
- Clinical practice sessions on patients. Porcelain veneer treatments.
- Pre-clinical endodontics workshop. Instrumentation and filling.
- Clinical practice sessions on patients. Tooth-borne prosthetics.
- Workshop on veneer preparation in phantoms.
- Pre-clinical B.O.P.T technique workshop.
- 3Shape system workshop. Incrustation preparation, mouth scan.
- Practical activity involving composite injection in models.
- Workshop involving composites in phantoms. Posterior and anterior restorations. Use of magnification.
- Presentation and use of a magnification system (PERI-OPTICS).
- Clinical practice sessions on patients. Implant-borne and tooth-borne prosthetics.
- DSD practical workshop: developing a case.
- Creation of silicone keys.
- Workshop on crown carving in phantoms. Use of magnification.
- Clinical practice sessions with patients. Facial arch and articulator mounting. Prosthesis over implants.
- Presentation and use of a magnification system (Lupas AKURA).
- AQUACARE system presentation.
- Clinical practice sessions on patients. Prosthesis over implants.
- Waxing workshop using plaster models.
- Clinical practice sessions on patients. Registers. Moulding over implants.
- Reviewing soap-modelled teeth.
- Moulding workshop (Zhermack).
- Workshop on model emptying.
- Practical workshop on the identification and manipulation of prosthetic attachments on implants.
- Work protocol: clinical history, radiographic tests, registers, models, images. Magnification in dentistry.
- Implant rehabilitation diagnosis and planning. Importance of prosthetically-guided treatments. Immediate loading. Oral rehabilitation over implants. All-On-Tour / All-On-Six.
- Complications in dental implant treatment.
- Registration and articulator mounting.
- Bibliographical search.
- Dental morphology and anatomy. Polishing. Mock up.
- Materials in prosthetics over implants. Laboratory processes.
- Restoration materials in fixed prosthesis on teeth.
- Core concepts of fixed prosthetics and the key elements of natural tooth carving.
- Provisional prosthesis over teeth. Cementing.
- Occlusion. Dental imaging.
- Diagnosis and clinical manipulation in patients with orofacial pain and craniomandibular dysfunction.
- Digital Smile Design.
- Latest restoration techniques with direct composite resins in the posterior and anterior section.
- Indirect restorations: Inlays. Intraoral scanner.
- Material injection technique.
- Biologically Oriented Preparation Technique (B.O.P.T)
- Manipulation of soft tissue.
- Complete removable dentures.
- Discharge splint.
- Teeth whitening.
- Porcelain veneer treatments.
- Endodontics. Reconstruction of endodontic teeth.
- Perioral filing with hyaluronic acid (CROMA).
- The importance of periodontology in prosthesis.