The student acquires the knowledge required to perform zygomatic implants in cases of severe jaw atrophy.
21st, 22nd and 23rd October 2019
Pre-clinical practice: 20%
Live surgery: 50%
From 9am until 2pm and 4pm until 8pm
23rd October: 9am until 2pm
A programme designed to combine both theoretical and practical content in which each student:
- Will acquire the knowledge and skills required to follow protocols in cases of severe maxillary bone atrophy, the potential complications and the ways in which to solve them.
(with the corresponding immediate loading)
(using cadaver heads)
upon completion of the course
Why enroll on the Intensive Course in Zygomatic Implants?
Severe maxillary atrophy is the consequence of total alveolar bone loss and an advanced re-absorption of the basal bone.
In this case there are two implant treatment options:
- Bone grafts from the iliac crest, cranial vault, etc.
- Zygomatic implants in which the implants have remote anchorage in the malar bone.
The latter enables the patient to wear fixed teeth over the implants on the same day as the intervention, avoiding long waiting times, irritation and morbidity and bone graft sites.
At Vericat Implantología Inmediata, we have access to the Severe Maxillary Atrophy Unit, where very complex cases are treated with high success rates by way of zygomatic implants that constitute the first choice treatment.
Vericat Formación aims to make oral surgeons aware of the protocols currently in use at Vericat Implantología Inmediata in cases of sever maxillary atrophy, the potential complications and the way in which they can be solved.
The course will highlight the results of Dr. Vericat's 13 years of experience, which will serve to explore the zygomatic implant technique and to demonstrate that it is both a foreseeable and trustworthy process. There will also be a special emphasis on the ZAGA technique for the correct application of emergency prosthetics.
What will students achieve?
- They will explore all the zygomatic treatment possibilities in patients with jaw atrophies.
- They will study the application of zygomatic implant treatment in evermore frequent cases of post peri-implantitis.
- They will have the chance to follow live surgeries carried out by Dr. Vericat, step-by-step, in addition to the immediate loading prosthesis treatment.
Practice fitting zygomatic implants on cadaver heads
- Anatomical memory of the zygomatic buttress and surrounding structures.
- Zygomatic implant fitting technique.
Viewing from theatre and via CCTV. Jaw atrophy treatment with zygomatic implants.
- Anatomic jaw description.
- Diagnostic radiology of the atrophic upper jaw.
- Indications and contraindications of the zygomatic implants.
- Treatment planning with zygomatic implants.
- Treatment alternatives with zygomatic implants .
- Zygomatic implant surgical technique.
- Prosthetic solutions: immediate loading and final prosthesis.
- Maintenance of zygomatic implants.
- Clinical cases.
- Zygomatic implant complications.
- Review of scientific evidence.